Skip to main content

The Little Childhood Sweetheart's Counterattack - Chapter 47

Chapter 47: Dinner Confession and Uncertain Feelings


After the exams, Xing Zhaoyan invites Xiang Yang to have dinner together.
 
Xiang Yang originally invited Fan Xiaoyu to go with them, but Fan Xiaoyu woke up early and said that she was having her period and her stomach was uncomfortable.  She just wants to lie in bed like a corpse and doesn't have the energy to go out. Xiang Yang is helpless. She can only go on the date alone.
 
Because Xiang Yang is now a semi-public figure, Xing Zhaoyan thoughtfully chooses a Chinese restaurant with private dining rooms.
 
The food is delicious, and Xiang Yang eats a lot.
 
Xing Zhaoyan sees her eating with gusto.  He smiles and says, “I've been thinking about bringing you here when I have free time since the last time I came here with my classmates. Now it's finally come true.”
 
Xiang Yang, who is drinking soup, pauses. Then she puts down her spoon and smiles. “Yeah, the space is good.  The decoration is also very tasteful.  The chef's skills are not bad either.”
 
“If you like it, we can come here often when you have time.”
 
“Later?” Xiang Yang isn't very sure about the future.  She remembers to ask with concern, “Where are you going to intern next semester?”
 
Xing Zhaoyan smiles and says, “Back to Qinglin City.  I received a notification from the company yesterday about the interview.”
 
Xiang Yang didn't expect he would have already decided on a place. She asks with a smile, “Which company?”
 
“Fu's.”
 
Xiang Yang is stunned.
 
“Fu…”
 
Xing Zhaoyan looks at her intently. He nods. “Yes, it's Fu Guanxian's family's company.”
 
Xiang Yang: “You… You how…”
 
“Putting Fu Guanxian aside, Fu's Group is truly a big company with development potential and room for advancement. Hundreds of thousands of people come to interview every year.  It's not easy to get in.”  Xing Zhaoyan then says, “But I'm still quite confident about my abilities! I believe I can do it.”
 
Hearing him say this, Xiang Yang guesses that this must be a decision he made after careful consideration.  Fu's…  It's indeed very suitable for newcomers to develop.  But Xiang Yang suddenly thinks of someone.
 
She hesitates for a moment and asks, “You and Fu Guanxian, weren't you guys…”
 
Xing Zhaoyan replies, “We were probably both impulsive when we were young.  But it's been so many years. I don't think he'll mind. Besides, I'm going to work for the company.  I won't necessarily bump into him.  Isn't he still abroad? If he really comes back to take over the company in the future, I'll also try to avoid him. Even if he makes things difficult for me, I'll do it for your sake and not argue with him.”
 
Xiang Yang smiles. “Do whatever you want.  But you don't have to consider my feelings. Really. Do whatever you want to do.”
 
“But I like to consider your feelings for everything.”
 
Looking at his deep eyes, Xiang Yang is suddenly stunned. “Xing…”
 
“Xiang Yang! I saw the trending topic on Weibo the night you came back.”
 
Xiang Yang looks at him quietly, waiting for his next words.
 
“If, I said, I've been hoping that the title is true, what would you think?”
 
“Xing…”
 
“Xiang Yang, you're so intelligent and beautiful. I know what I mean. You must understand, right?” Xing Zhaoyan stares at her intently.  “Xiang Yang, it's been so many years. Do you understand my feelings?”
 
Xiang Yang is slightly stunned. She doesn't speak for a long time.
 
Xing Zhaoyan anxiously waits for her response. He sees that her eyes are glazed over, as if she's seriously thinking about something, and he feels a moment of frustration.
 
“Is it really so hard to be my girlfriend?” He asks.
 
Xiang Yang unconsciously replies, “No.”
 
“Then what is it?” He says excitedly.
 
Xiang Yang lowers her head and suddenly stops talking.
 
Xing Zhaoyan seems to understand something.  He's always been right about his premonition.  Xiang Yang has never had feelings for him.
 
Xing Zhaoyan says with some disappointment, “I always thought you knew. From high school to now, it's been six years.  I thought you could feel all my feelings. I thought that no matter how long it took, I could move you. Xiang Yang, I didn't originally want to confess to you so quickly. I heard you say it with my own ears. You don't want to have a boyfriend during college. I was really sad when I first heard it. Later, I comforted myself. As long as we're at the same university, as long as I'm by your side, as long as I can see you, take care of you, and let you have someone to rely on when you need it, that's the same thing.”
 
“But some things always go against people's expectations.” Xing Zhaoyan smiles bitterly. “I didn't expect you to debut, to become a star, to be liked and chased by countless fans.  Xiang Yang, I'm afraid that when I go back, you'll be further and further away from me. Even if I want to make an appointment to meet you, it will be as difficult as climbing to the sky.  Xiang Yang, I don't want to see the day when you're further and further away from me. That would be heartbreaking for me.”
 
“You're thinking too much.  Actually, even if I really walk down that path, I won't change.  We'll still be very good friends.”
 
“I don't want to be just friends.” Xing Zhaoyan says.  “Xiang Yang, even if it's just to make me feel at ease, can you just let me be your boyfriend? … If you're not used to it, I can give you time to get used to it.”
 
Xiang Yang doesn't speak.
 
Xing Zhaoyan feels frustrated. “Is it because you're still thinking about him?”
 
“Him?”
 
“Is that right?”
  
Xiang Yang doesn't know who he's talking about.  “Who is he?”
 
Xing Zhaoyan shakes his head and smiles.  “Never mind.  Xiang Yang, just pretend I didn't say anything today.  Don't worry.”
 
How can she not worry? Seeing that he doesn't look well, Xiang Yang feels very guilty.
 
When she returns to the dorm, Zhang Yi is the only one left.  Xiang Yang asks, “Where are the other two?”
 
“They said they're going to buy gifts, so they went out in a hurry.”
 
“Oh.” Xiang Yang replies, sitting down absentmindedly.
 
Zhang Yi stops what she's doing and asks, “We're all basically going to leave tomorrow morning. What about you? When are you going to leave school?”
 
“Then I'll leave tomorrow morning together. You guys aren't here. It's no fun for me to stay here.”
 
“Xiang Yang, something's not right.  You were still bouncing around before you went out. Why are you like this when you came back? Did Xing Zhaoyan bully you?”  Zhang Yi asks anxiously.
 
“No.” Xiang Yang feels exhausted. “I just don't know how to deal with it.”
 
“Deal with what?”
 
Xiang Yang thinks about it for a moment and tells Zhang Yi the whole story. Then she says, “If I don't agree, I see his downcast expression and I feel a little guilty, I feel a little sorry for him.  But if I agree, I'm afraid…”
 
“Afraid of what?” Zhang Yi grabs a chair and sits next to her. “Are you thinking too much? Xing Zhaoyan is really good to you. Everyone can see that.  He's endured until now before confessing to you. He's pretty good at enduring, to be honest.  Besides, during the time you weren't at school, after Xing Zhaoyan was elected as the student council president, he did a great job.  Many teachers praised him.  There must be a lot of girls who admire him. You're saying, why is such a great guy still single? And as soon as he heard you came back, he didn't tell anyone else, he went to pick you up personally.  Xiang Yang, let's be a little more satisfied!”
 
Xiang Yang is silent for a while, and then she asks, “So you mean I should accept him?”
 
“Didn't you always tacitly allow him to approach you and interact with you? Isn't that because you like him?”
 
Xiang Yang: “…”
 
Seeing Xiang Yang's dazed expression, Zhang Yi suddenly raises her voice. “Don't tell me you've never known his feelings, and you've never had impure thoughts about him!”
 
Xiang Yang doesn't know how to answer for a moment.  “I can only say I don't dislike him.”
 
“Then that's it! Xiang Yang, I'd say you're probably like those people with marriage phobia. Of course, you're not at the point of getting married yet, you're at most a dating phobia." Zhang Yi leaned closer to her with a smile, “Xiang Yang, I think if you don't have a boyfriend before graduating from college, it's really a loss.  Xing Zhaoyan has a handsome appearance, a good personality, a good character, good abilities, and ambition.  The most important thing is that he's really good to you.  He also just confessed to you.  If I were you, I'd definitely agree.”
 
“Xiang Yang, try it out. If there's really no fate to be together in the future, at least you've tried your best.  You've also enjoyed it and experienced it.  You'll have memories of your youth.  Besides, if you become more famous in the future, where will you have time to fall in love?”
 
Xiang Yang laughs. “Zhang Yi, I can see you're trying your best to persuade me to agree.”
 
“Isn't this for your happiness? Good men are hard to find.  I think Xing Zhaoyan is the one in a million.”
 
Xiang Yang ponders for a moment, and then she says, “I'll think about it carefully.”





Previous   TOC   Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Childhood Sweetheart's Counterattack - Chapter 1

Chapter 01: The Tyrant's Gaze   Their teacher was a middle-aged man with a large belly. His last name was Wu, he wasn't tall and didn't talk much. Since it was the first PE class of the semester, after briefly introducing himself and summarizing the course content for all the new students, he taught them a few basic warm-up exercises, then had them run a few laps around the field. He was merciful and dismissed the class, allowing everyone to do whatever they wanted.   The boys in the class cheered when they heard they could have free time. They called out to each other and ran towards the basketball court.   As Xiang Yang and a few girls left the field, she heard one of them, a girl with long hair, say, “Oh no! It's actually him who’s our PE teacher!”   Since it was only a few days since the start of school, Xiang Yang only remembered a handful of classmates' names. Although on the first day of school, during the first class, the head teacher, based on academic perf...

The Little Childhood Sweetheart's Counterattack - Chapter 59

Chapter 59: The Unraveling     Xing Zhaoyan is on the verge of going crazy.   Fu Guanxian hasn't appeared since that day. After Xing Zhaoyan grits his teeth and watches Xiang Yang's press conference, hearing her boldly confess everything, he suddenly realizes that his bargaining chip is no longer useful.   Xiang Yang is no longer the submissive, long-suffering Xiang Yang.   Now, she's willing to take a gamble and even dare to reveal all of her privacy.   Xing Zhaoyan is panicking. He didn't expect her counterattack to be so ruthless.   He's impressed by her.   Xing Zhaoyan realizes belatedly that perhaps all of Xiang Yang's weakness and forbearance were only shown in front of Fu Guanxian. Once she changes the target, she becomes fearless.   “Heh, Xiang Yang, you really disappointed me.”   During the press conference, relatives and friends keep calling to ask questions.  Xing Zhaoyan is annoyed. He turns off his phone.   He scra...

The Little Childhood Sweetheart's Counterattack - Chapter 65 (END)

Chapter 65: To Grow Old Together [End] Translator's Rumblings: This is my first completed translation, and I know some of you weren't happy with it for various reasons. However, I persevered because a few of you kept reading.   I understand the frustration of finding a good translated novel that gets dropped due to a lack of readers, especially when it ends on a cliffhanger. The hunt for free raws can be equally irritating.   So, for my dedicated readers, I'm proud to have completed this translation. This is all for you. Happy Reading!!! ~~~~~   Several days later, Hou Xingrou holds a farewell single party. She invites several close classmates and friends to gather together.   Lian Rui makes an appearance at the beginning. Then he voluntarily proposes to leave and give them space. He says to Hou Xingrou before leaving, “Call me if you need anything. I'll be upstairs.”   Hou Xingrou smiles sweetly and says okay.   After she and Lian Rui say goodbye, she ...