Skip to main content

Flash Marriage to an Crazy Rich Husband: I Shocked the World! - Chapter 145

 Chapter 145: I Don't Care!

 
 
The morning sun was rising.
 
Ying Sisi woke up and found herself alone in the room.
 
She glanced at the clock on the wall. It was already 8:30.
 
She looked around and saw a note on the bedside table.
 
She picked it up and read:
 
Sisi, you were sleeping so soundly. I didn't wake you up. You don't need to pick me up today.
 
Ying Sisi put down the note. Her mind flashed, then she picked it up again. She went out of bed, found the note he had left before, and put them together to compare. They were the same, yet different.
 
The handwriting was the same.
 
But the punctuation was different.
 
The two notes he had left before used periods to punctuate.
 
This one used commas and periods distinctly.
 
She began to think they were two people again. But her parents-in-law and the friends and family around her had never mentioned that Qin Yanci has a twin. And even if he really had a twin brother or sister, it wouldn't be possible for both of them to come live with her.
 
What kind of situation is this?
 
It doesn't make sense.
 
Thinking about this, she put her doubts aside again. She put away the note and got out of bed.
 
At noon, she made lunch on time. She waited and waited but didn't see him. She was about to go out and look for him.
 
She was just walking downstairs when she saw Qin Yanci and his father walking together. They were walking towards her.
 
She waved. “A-Ci.”
 
Qin Yanci looked up. The woman was wearing a beige long coat and a white knitted scarf. Her hair was loosely tied up, and a few strands of loose hair floated around her ears.
 
The sunlight fell on her face, making her look lazy and bright.
 
Every smile and frown caught his eye.
 
“Dad, good afternoon.” Ying Sisi greeted them after she went over.
 
Father Qin smiled. “Well, have you eaten?”
 
“Not yet. Have you eaten? I made braised pork ribs and a pot of eel soup.”
 
“Not yet. I'm waiting to eat what you made.”
 
“Let's go then.” Ying Sisi invited them enthusiastically. She walked over to Qin Yanci and stood next to him. She whispered, “How was the exam?”
 
“Of course, I passed. Tomorrow will be the final round. If I get outstanding results, I can be admitted to Peking University early.” Qin Yanci smiled. He couldn't help but share it with her.
 
Ying Sisi silently thought, I didn't go to school much, but I'm not stupid.
 
Is it really that easy to get into Peking University?
 
Hundreds of people are taking the competition. Is it just you who got outstanding results?
If you don't pass later, don't lose face because of your bragging and get angry and involve me. She chose her words carefully. “I have confidence in you. But if you don't pass, you don't have to worry too much about it. It's the participation that counts.”
 
Qin Yanci replied, “I'll listen to you.”
 
Ying Sisi felt much more relieved. The three of them went back home. She went into the kitchen to serve the food, and Qin Yanci helped set the table.
 
Father Qin watched with worry.
 
Both of you care so much about Sisi. What will happen when you can't keep it a secret anymore?
 
Ugh.
 
I don't care!
 
If my daughter-in-law asks me later, I'll just say I don't know.
 
“Dad, do you like the pork ribs?”
 
Father Qin thought she was asking for his opinion. He ate two pieces and savored them. “Not bad. They're savory and fragrant. The ribs are tender. Your cooking skills have improved.”
 
Ying Sisi smiled. She pointed at the eel. “This tastes good too. I caught it by the river yesterday. You try it. Our villager friends said it's nutritious.”
 
Father Qin almost choked.
 
Nourish me?
Okay.
 
Children don't understand. I won't mind. “I don't like drinking soup. Let Yanci drink it. Yanci, drink it. Don't disappoint Sisi's efforts.”
 
“Why would I disappoint her? You drink it.”
 
“You drink it.”
 
Ying Sisi didn't understand why they weren't drinking it. She tasted it. It was much tastier than fish soup. "I'll drink it."
 
She filled herself up on soup.
 
After dinner, Father Qin left.
 
Ying Sisi said, “A-Ci, do you want to stay home and read or go out for a walk?”


(End of Chapter)



Previous   TOC   Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Childhood Sweetheart's Counterattack - Chapter 1

Chapter 01: The Tyrant's Gaze   Their teacher was a middle-aged man with a large belly. His last name was Wu, he wasn't tall and didn't talk much. Since it was the first PE class of the semester, after briefly introducing himself and summarizing the course content for all the new students, he taught them a few basic warm-up exercises, then had them run a few laps around the field. He was merciful and dismissed the class, allowing everyone to do whatever they wanted.   The boys in the class cheered when they heard they could have free time. They called out to each other and ran towards the basketball court.   As Xiang Yang and a few girls left the field, she heard one of them, a girl with long hair, say, “Oh no! It's actually him who’s our PE teacher!”   Since it was only a few days since the start of school, Xiang Yang only remembered a handful of classmates' names. Although on the first day of school, during the first class, the head teacher, based on academic perf...

The Little Childhood Sweetheart's Counterattack - Chapter 59

Chapter 59: The Unraveling     Xing Zhaoyan is on the verge of going crazy.   Fu Guanxian hasn't appeared since that day. After Xing Zhaoyan grits his teeth and watches Xiang Yang's press conference, hearing her boldly confess everything, he suddenly realizes that his bargaining chip is no longer useful.   Xiang Yang is no longer the submissive, long-suffering Xiang Yang.   Now, she's willing to take a gamble and even dare to reveal all of her privacy.   Xing Zhaoyan is panicking. He didn't expect her counterattack to be so ruthless.   He's impressed by her.   Xing Zhaoyan realizes belatedly that perhaps all of Xiang Yang's weakness and forbearance were only shown in front of Fu Guanxian. Once she changes the target, she becomes fearless.   “Heh, Xiang Yang, you really disappointed me.”   During the press conference, relatives and friends keep calling to ask questions.  Xing Zhaoyan is annoyed. He turns off his phone.   He scra...

The Little Childhood Sweetheart's Counterattack - Chapter 65 (END)

Chapter 65: To Grow Old Together [End] Translator's Rumblings: This is my first completed translation, and I know some of you weren't happy with it for various reasons. However, I persevered because a few of you kept reading.   I understand the frustration of finding a good translated novel that gets dropped due to a lack of readers, especially when it ends on a cliffhanger. The hunt for free raws can be equally irritating.   So, for my dedicated readers, I'm proud to have completed this translation. This is all for you. Happy Reading!!! ~~~~~   Several days later, Hou Xingrou holds a farewell single party. She invites several close classmates and friends to gather together.   Lian Rui makes an appearance at the beginning. Then he voluntarily proposes to leave and give them space. He says to Hou Xingrou before leaving, “Call me if you need anything. I'll be upstairs.”   Hou Xingrou smiles sweetly and says okay.   After she and Lian Rui say goodbye, she ...