Skip to main content

Flash Marriage to an Crazy Rich Husband: I Shocked the World! - Chapter 143

 Chapter 143: He Doesn't Believe It
 

 
They went back to the family compound and got their tools. Then they went to the forest.
 
Because it had rained recently.
 
The place where Ying Sisi had marked was washed away by the rain. They could only carefully explore as they went.
 
Qin Yanci inconspicuously observed his surroundings. The trees outside were bare, but the trees inside were unusually lush.
 
The ground was covered with moss, and the humidity inside was very high.
 
The mud on the ground was loose and soft.
 
It left deep footprints when you stepped on it.
 
There were strange cries coming from the depths every now and then. They were chilling when you first heard them.
 
She's not afraid to go fishing in this kind of place.
 
“Sisi, let me walk in front.”
 
Ying Sisi said, “You've been here less often. You're not familiar with the terrain. You should walk behind me. If I get stuck in the mud, it will be easier for you to pull me.”
 
Qin Yanci's heart warmed. I already knew she was considerate. I didn't expect her to be so thoughtful. “What if I can't pull you out?”
 
“Then you'll be a widower.”
 
Qin Yanci took her hand and held it in his palm. “Then I'll have to hold you tight.”
 
Ying Sisi smiled back. “Okay.”
 
They reached the edge of the stream.
 
They looked at the schools of fish in the water.
 
Qin Yanci was amazed.
 
He thought the “plenty” she mentioned meant easy to catch.
 
It turns out that they're everywhere. Do you even need to fish if you can hit them with a stick?
Ying Sisi used a small hoe to dig a small hole by the bank. She saw out of the corner of her eye that he was walking in that direction. She called out to stop him. “A-Ci, we're going fishing, aren't we? Don't wander around.” She had come here several times. She wouldn't dare take a step without a stick to explore.
 
He, on the other hand,
 
Was striding forward. What if he gets stuck in the mud and I can't rescue him?
 
What if I become a widow?
 
Qin Yanci thought she was afraid. He stopped and went back to guard her. “What are you digging?”
 
Ying Sisi didn't look up. “Eel. This small hole looks like an eel's hole. My villager friends said that eels are very nutritious. I'll dig them out and nourish your body.”
 
Qin Yanci: "." Aren't eels aphrodisiacs?
Nourish my body?
Does he not perform?
He doesn't believe it!
“I don't eat them.”
 
Ying Sisi continued to work diligently to enlarge the opening of the hole. She saw that the eel was shrinking back into the hole. She was even more excited. She dug with her bare hands. Finally, she caught one. It was the size of two of an adult's fingers. It was enough for a pot of soup. “I finally caught one.”
 
Qin Yanci repeated. “I don't eat them.”
 
Ying Sisi thought, I'm not going to shove it into your mouth. Why are you stressing it? “Aren't you going to fish? If you're not, let's go home.”
 
We woke up so early today.
 
I'm tired now and want to rest.
 
Qin Yanci said, “I'm not going to fish. There are too many fish. It's not challenging.”
 
Ying Sisi: "." Didn't you enjoy fishing very much that time we sold fish? “You can eat it.”
 
“I don't want to eat it.”
 
Ying Sisi: "." Isn't he a big fish fan?
He doesn't have amnesia. Why has his taste changed?
 
They went back the way they came.
 
Qin Yanci carried the bucket and walked ahead. He stopped after a few steps.
 
Ying Sisi was in a hurry. She bumped into his back and her nose hurt. “Ouch! It hurts.” Why don't you say anything when you stop?
“There's a snake ahead.” Qin Yanci looked for a stick.
 
“Wait, I have a way.” Ying Sisi took the menthol balm out of her pocket and sprinkled it on the ground.
 
The wind blew, and the snake immediately turned around and left.
 
Qin Yanci's pupils dilated. She can drive snakes away: “How did you know that menthol balm can drive snakes away?”
 
Ying Sisi said proudly, “My grandpa taught me.” She always brings menthol balm with her every time she comes here after encountering the snake that time.
 
Qin Yanci wanted to hear her talk about her experiences, but he was worried that the other guy had asked her. He had to hold back.
 
They didn't get home until evening.
 
Ying Sisi made noodles. After they ate, she tidied up briefly and went to the bathroom to shower and prepare for bed.
 
Qin Yanci listened to the sound of the water rushing. His whole body was hot.
 
Another sleepless night.


(End of Chapter)



Previous   TOC   Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Childhood Sweetheart's Counterattack - Chapter 1

Chapter 01: The Tyrant's Gaze   Their teacher was a middle-aged man with a large belly. His last name was Wu, he wasn't tall and didn't talk much. Since it was the first PE class of the semester, after briefly introducing himself and summarizing the course content for all the new students, he taught them a few basic warm-up exercises, then had them run a few laps around the field. He was merciful and dismissed the class, allowing everyone to do whatever they wanted.   The boys in the class cheered when they heard they could have free time. They called out to each other and ran towards the basketball court.   As Xiang Yang and a few girls left the field, she heard one of them, a girl with long hair, say, “Oh no! It's actually him who’s our PE teacher!”   Since it was only a few days since the start of school, Xiang Yang only remembered a handful of classmates' names. Although on the first day of school, during the first class, the head teacher, based on academic perf...

Transmigration in 1977 - Chapter 20

  Chapter 20: Tears Came Unexpectedly     In the farthest room, Chen Fan leaned back in his chair, his feet soaking in hot water, comfortably enjoying the warmth.   The world is full of wonders, not to mention the surreal golden finger. Since I don't understand it, I won't think about it. When the time comes, I'll figure it out. As long as I work hard, I won't believe I can't improve my basic attributes.   Instead of thinking so much, I'd rather change these ragged-like cotton shoes. If I wear them any longer, I'm afraid I'll get athlete's foot.   He had put two large pieces of grated ginger into the scalding hot water. The sterilization effect is guaranteed, but there was a side effect—the strong spicy smell made his eyes water. Chen Fan had wanted to read, but he could only use a towel to wipe his eyes from time to time.   In a short while, his eyes were red-rimmed.   So when Jiang Lili came over, she saw Chen Fan wiping his tears. He seemed...

Transmigration in 1977 - Chapter 01

Chapter 01: Time Travel Needs Ritual They say that if you set the air conditioner to 16 degrees Celsius, light a candle, put an alarm clock in front of the candle, then sleep under a warm air conditioner blanket, and chant "Heaven and Earth are boundless, the cosmos is turned upside down," you can time travel?   Chen Fan came out of the bathroom after a drunken shower, remembering what his colleague, who was known for his mysterious ways and constantly mentioning the I Ching and esoteric arts (and nicknamed "Daoist"), had said during a drinking session.   Thinking about how he had been in an orphanage since he was 10 years old, and how he had only managed to get through college thanks to part-time jobs and his parents' inheritance, and how he had been working for years but still just a struggling wage earner renting a place in a suburban village, without any family support, it seemed like time traveling wouldn't be too bad. It wouldn't be worse than his...