Skip to main content

Flash Marriage to an Crazy Rich Husband: I Shocked the World! - Chapter 142


 Translator's Note:

Happy Valentine's Day! ❤️ Here's your bonus chapter, translated with love and a heartfelt wish for you to enjoy it! 🥰 I hope you feel the warmth and emotion in every word. 💖

3/3


Chapter 142: On Purpose
 
 

Song Hanmei's face turned ugly. “You! I've been feeding you and giving you a good place to stay. Is this how you treat me? I shouldn't have agreed to let you marry into this family if I had known you were so heartless.”
 
“You can't reason with me. You're being a bully, aren't you? Why did you agree? You know better than anyone what your intentions were.” Ying Sisi was aware of her own value.
 
She was of marriageable age, and Song Hanmei had never paid anything for her, but she could have a big advantage. She was already overjoyed.
 
Especially after she married Qin Yanci.
 
Li Junlu not only received a dowry, but he also got a promotion.
 
I don't owe them anything.
 
They owe me.
 
“What kind of intentions could I have?” Song Hanmei clearly lacked confidence. “I was kind.”
 
“Haha…” Ying Sisi laughed so hard she choked. “Don't try to paint yourself a better picture. I already know your tricks. Don't try to get my in-laws to take your side. Be careful. I'll expose your dirty laundry. You and Dad will be the ones who lose face then.”
 
Song Hanmei could no longer think of any rebuttals. She cursed her a few times, calling her a heartless wretch, and left angrily.
 
Ying Sisi spat and closed the door. She'll scold you if she can't get what she wants. No wonder she couldn't raise Li Yuwei well.
 
Ugh!
 
So annoying.
 
A whole good mood was ruined!
 
She turned on the TV to relax.
 
She set out to pick up Qin Yanci after ten thirty.
 
She arrived at the station at 11:20, leaving ten minutes before the end of the exam.
 
She hurried toward the school gate.
 
She saw Qin Yanci standing by the side of the road from a distance.
 
He was tall and elegant.
 
Behind him, leaning against the wall, was a new bicycle.
 
Is he waiting for me?
Ying Sisi rushed over. “A-Ci, the exam hasn't ended yet, has it?”
 
“I came out early.”
 
Ying Sisi was shocked. “So you turned in your paper early? Didn't you even check it?” He's a bit too confident, isn't he?
 
Qin Yanci smiled. “I checked. The teacher graded it on the spot. I got a perfect score, so I was able to advance to the second round.”
 
Ying Sisi's joy was evident on her face. She beamed. “You're so amazing! Come on, I'll treat you to a big meal.”
 
“What kind of big meal? I won't eat anything that you don't make yourself.”
 
“Then you'll have to wait. I didn't buy any groceries today. Why don't we eat out, then watch a movie and go home?” Ying Sisi suggested.
 
Qin Yanci said, “What's there to watch in a movie?” It's not as good as watching her. “Let's go fishing.” It's quiet and we can kill time.
 
Ying Sisi frowned slightly.
 
Didn't he used to love watching movies the most?
Did his amnesia act up?
“Sisi, what are you thinking about?”
 
Ying Sisi snapped out of her reverie. “Okay. We have fishing gear at home. Let's go to…” She wanted to test him to see if he really didn't remember. “I'll take you to a hidden place. The fish there are really plentiful. I guarantee you'll have a great time fishing.”
 
Qin Yanci's eyes lit up.
 
He forcefully changed the subject.
 
Did she notice something about him and test him?
 
That won't work.
 
What if she runs away when she finds out the truth?
He would let her guess about the hidden place.
 
It was spring now, and the snow and ice had melted. When he was younger, he loved to fish. There must be people on the city's riverbanks now.
 
It can't be considered hidden.
 
The hidden place can only be far away from the city.
 
She's always blabbing on and on in front of me. Can she keep a secret?
 
She must have been there with that guy.
 
Thinking about this, he said vaguely on purpose, “The suburbs? That's too far, isn't it?”
 
Ying Sisi was surprised. She opened her eyes slightly.
 
He remembers.
 
It seems that he's just not very dedicated to his tastes.
 
She put her doubts aside and laughed. “Yes.”
 
Qin Yanci's lips curled up slightly. “Let's go then.”
 
"."


(End of Chapter)



Previous   TOC   Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Childhood Sweetheart's Counterattack - Chapter 1

Chapter 01: The Tyrant's Gaze   Their teacher was a middle-aged man with a large belly. His last name was Wu, he wasn't tall and didn't talk much. Since it was the first PE class of the semester, after briefly introducing himself and summarizing the course content for all the new students, he taught them a few basic warm-up exercises, then had them run a few laps around the field. He was merciful and dismissed the class, allowing everyone to do whatever they wanted.   The boys in the class cheered when they heard they could have free time. They called out to each other and ran towards the basketball court.   As Xiang Yang and a few girls left the field, she heard one of them, a girl with long hair, say, “Oh no! It's actually him who’s our PE teacher!”   Since it was only a few days since the start of school, Xiang Yang only remembered a handful of classmates' names. Although on the first day of school, during the first class, the head teacher, based on academic perf...

Transmigration in 1977 - Chapter 20

  Chapter 20: Tears Came Unexpectedly     In the farthest room, Chen Fan leaned back in his chair, his feet soaking in hot water, comfortably enjoying the warmth.   The world is full of wonders, not to mention the surreal golden finger. Since I don't understand it, I won't think about it. When the time comes, I'll figure it out. As long as I work hard, I won't believe I can't improve my basic attributes.   Instead of thinking so much, I'd rather change these ragged-like cotton shoes. If I wear them any longer, I'm afraid I'll get athlete's foot.   He had put two large pieces of grated ginger into the scalding hot water. The sterilization effect is guaranteed, but there was a side effect—the strong spicy smell made his eyes water. Chen Fan had wanted to read, but he could only use a towel to wipe his eyes from time to time.   In a short while, his eyes were red-rimmed.   So when Jiang Lili came over, she saw Chen Fan wiping his tears. He seemed...

Transmigration in 1977 - Chapter 01

Chapter 01: Time Travel Needs Ritual They say that if you set the air conditioner to 16 degrees Celsius, light a candle, put an alarm clock in front of the candle, then sleep under a warm air conditioner blanket, and chant "Heaven and Earth are boundless, the cosmos is turned upside down," you can time travel?   Chen Fan came out of the bathroom after a drunken shower, remembering what his colleague, who was known for his mysterious ways and constantly mentioning the I Ching and esoteric arts (and nicknamed "Daoist"), had said during a drinking session.   Thinking about how he had been in an orphanage since he was 10 years old, and how he had only managed to get through college thanks to part-time jobs and his parents' inheritance, and how he had been working for years but still just a struggling wage earner renting a place in a suburban village, without any family support, it seemed like time traveling wouldn't be too bad. It wouldn't be worse than his...